Monday, March 4, 2013

Another rubber roofing product I would like to introduce to the public is the Firestone EPDM .090 mil roofing. Almost all epdm roofing products are either .045 or .060 mils thick. This membrane was designed to with stand more foot trafic and last a life time. It only comes in ten foot widths. It is an ideal product when installing a floating deck over a water proofing membrane. This product has also been used for many other uses. One of the more interesting one is for dog kennels. The membrane dosn't hurt the dog's feet and when they pee the pee doesn't soak into the concrete floor and have an odor. People also put this in the bottom of their horse trailers. You can purchase this membrane at flatroofsolutions.com. and justliners.com.

6 comments:

  1. I never knew what "EPDM roofing membrane" was until I read this. Thank you for informing me on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking into putting EPDM roofing membrane on my LQ horse trailer. It is a (1976) steel trailer, whose roof is pieced together, and it has began to leak. Will EPDM membrane be ok to put on this trailer, and what adhesive so you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that rubber roofing is a great idea! Would you happen to know of any contractors near Des Moines, IA who use rubber to complete roof repairs? I've done a bit of research on the idea, and I think that it is a very beneficial change from original shingles. http://www.csroofing.com/des-moines-ia-commercial-roofing.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to learn more and more about rubber roofing contractors. Now that would be really cool I cannot wait to get to learning things. Now that would be really cool and would be a lot of fun too.
    Jak Manson | http://www.csroofing.com/roofing-repair/1271853

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deciding on a roof and the material is important. It needs to be a material that is durable, cost effective, easy to maintain and does the job of sealing the structure. One option is rubber roofing, which is a material that is starting to get widespread use.

    Iko roofing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I get sheets 37 or 40 feet long. I have a low slope roof 37 feet across by 15 width with a short hip corner and would like to use a rubber replacement roof.

    ReplyDelete